A Detection System to Monitor and Manage Falls among Wheelchair Users: Phase 1
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
We are currently conducting a research to examine fall acceleration patterns from a wheelchair to develop a prototype fall detection system that is able to accurately detect a fall from a wheelchair. You will be compensated $15 for participation.
To participate in this study, you must:
• Be between 18 and 30 years old
• Weigh between 100-220 lbs and height between 61-77 in
• Have a body mass index between 18.5-26kg/m2
• Have no history of bone fracture within 5 years, osteoporosis, osteopenia, stroke, neuromuscular disease, Type I Diabetes, premature menopause, or chronic liver disease
• Not smoke or use steroids
You will be asked to attend one study visit at the Wheelchair Biomechanics Performance Laboratory (Freer Hall-UIUC). Approximately, 2 hours of screening and testing will be needed.
Would you like to participate?
If you are interested, please contact DPQoL Lab at email@example.com.