- Produced by RERC TechSAge, the DRRP on UD in the workplace, & Tools for Life, this video series explores the 7 Principles of Universal Design and how they can be applied to products, interfaces and spaces to make for designs that are usable by all people to the greatest extent possible. The series covers each principle individually and offer examples to those wishing to learn more about the UD Principles.
TechSAge State of the Science Conference (March 27, 2017)
- Intersections of Aging and Disability - Invited keynote lecture by Michelle Putnam, Ph.D., Professor of Social Work, Simmons College.
- Aging & Technology - Invited presentation by Andrew Sixsmith, Ph.D.,Scientific Director, AGEWELL Network of Centres of Excellence; Professor, Department of Gerontology, Simon Fraser University.
- Human Autonomy through Robotics Autonomy - Invited presentation by Brenna Argall, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Robotics, Northwestern University; Research Scientist, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.
- Personal Technology Track Panel - Invited panel presentations at the TechSAge State of the Science Conference (March 28, 2017) by Ayanna Howard, Ph.D., Kesh Kesavadas, Ph.D. & Beth Mynatt, Ph.D.
- Environmental Technology Track Panel - Invited panel presentations by Mary Blumberg, M.S., Wayne Li, Ph.D., & Jeffrey Woods, Ph.D.
Undergraduate Research on Everyday Support Needs of Deaf Seniors
- Research assistant Hiyong Byun received a President’s Undergraduate Research Award as part of her work in the Human Factors and Aging Lab. She created a video about her research on everyday support needs of deaf older adults. Click to watch video.
TechSAge Welcome Message in American Sign Language (ASL)
- TechSAge investigator, Jenny Singleton, provides an introduction to TechSAge in American Sign Language. Click to watch video.
Fulton County TV (FGTV) Connect: Social Isolation
- TechSAge investigators, Elena Gonzalez & Su Jin Lee, discuss opportunities for local older adults to participate in aging research at Georgia Tech on an episode of Connect, a program powered by the Fulton County Department of Senior Services. Click to watch video.
Ted Talk: Henry Evans & Chad Jenkins: Meet the robots for humanity.
- Paralyzed by a stroke, Henry Evans uses a telepresence robot to take the stage — and show how new robotics, tweaked and personalized by a group called Robots for Humanity, help him live his life. He shows off a nimble little quadrotor drone, created by a team led by Chad Jenkins, that gives him the ability to navigate space — to once again look around a garden, stroll a campus … (Filmed at TEDxMidAtlantic.) Click to watch video.
- TechSAge research collaborator & stroke survivor, Henry Evans, is really enjoying his new-found control of his bed. His nephew, Henry Clever, built an interface that allows Henry to control all of his bed’s adjustments from his computer, instead of from the hand-held remote. In this video he uses his automatic bed to dance. Click to watch video.