The HFES International Annual Meeting is attended by a diverse range of professionals and students, including certified ergonomists, academics, practitioners, and consultants who work in a variety of areas including government, military, hospitals, universities, research institutes, engineering firms, consumer safety laboratories, manufacturing companies and many other areas. The 2019 HFES Annual International Meeting will be held in Seattle, Washington October 28 - November 1. Join us for the first ever TechSAge symposim at HFES!
A Panel Discussion on Human Factors Considerations for Persons Aging-in-Place with Disability (Jenay M. Beer, organizer)
- Needs Assessment and Technology Use for People Aging-in-Place with Long-Term Mobility and Sensory Impairments (Wendy A. Rogers)
- SmartBathroom Technologies to Promote Aging in Place with a Disability (Jon A. Sanford)
- Translating an In-Person Evidence-Based Tai Chi Intervention to Tele-Technology for Persons with Mobility Disabilities (Elena T. Remillard)
- Designing for Aging-in-Place with Disability: Moving Knowledge to Practice (Carolyn P. Phillips)
- Strategies to Help Close the Gap Between the Promise and Practice of Technology-Based Solutions for Older Adults and Individuals with Disabilities (Margaret Campbell)